Image 1 of 1
151029_XYLITOL_072.jpg
October 29, 2015. Charlotte, NC.<br />
 Tonia Cox tries to get a stolen flip flop from her family dog, Murphy Jo.<br />
The Cox family dog, Murphy Jo, was almost killed after she ingested an estimated ten pieces of chewing gum containing the sugar substitute Xylitol. <br />
Given little chance for survival, Murphy Jo, a 3 year old Labradoodle, pulled through after 3 blood transfusions and over $5000 in vet bills.<br />
<br />
Jeremy M. Lange for the Wall Street Journal